Here are the just released dance related nominations. Good luck to all!
OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT IN DANCE
- THE DESIGN TEAM for their work on the Royal Ballet’s ALICES ADVENTURES IN WONDERLAND at the Royal Opera House.
- EDWARD WATSON for his performance in THE METAMORPHOSIS at the Linbury Studio at the Royal Opera House
- SYLVIE GUILLEM for her performance in her production of 6000 MILES AWAY at Sadler’s Wells
- TOMMY FRANZEN for his performance in ZooNation’s SOME LIKE IT HIP HOP at the Peacock
BEST NEW DANCE PRODUCTION
- DESH by Akram Khan Company at Sadler’s Wells, choreographed by Akram Khan
- GARDENIA by Les Ballets C de la B at Sadler’s Wells, directed by Alain Platel and Frank van Laecke
- THE METAMORPHOSIS by ROH2 at the Linbury Studio, choreographed by Arthur Pita
- SOME LIKE IT HIP HOP by ZooNation at the Peacock, choreographed by Kate Prince, Tommy Franzen and Carrie-Anne Ingrouille
BEST THEATRE CHOREOGRAPHER
- PETER DARLING for Matilda The Musical at the Cambridge
- JAVIER DE FRUTOS for London Road at the Cottesloe
- STEPHEN MEAR for Crazy For You at the Regent’s Park Open Air Theatre
- ANDREW WRIGHT for Singin’ In The Rain at the Palace
Notes to Editors:
· Established in 1976, the Laurence Olivier Awards celebrate the world-class status of London’s theatre and are Britain’s most prestigious stage honours.
· The Society of London Theatre welcomes the following partners for the Olivier Awards with MasterCard 2012 (as of 23 January 2012):
More details at: